These terms & conditions apply to all orders placed online via BHL.co.uk and via telephone. These terms have been updated on 13/06/2014 to reflect the Consumer Contracts Regulations that have come into force and to simplify them to make them easier to understand. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time if a change in law, market conditions or technology has an effect on our business.
1. Company Information BHL.co.uk is a division of Bumford Heating Limited. Our VAT number is 173 1239 79. We are a registered company in England & Wales under company number 01725290 and our registered office and main trading address is at;
Bumford Heating Limited Unit 2D Shortwood Court Shortwood Business Park Hoyland, Barnsley South Yorkshire S74 9LH
2. Our Contract With You When ordering online from BHL.co.uk you will get an order acknowledgement via email. The order will only be accepted when it has been dispatched and loaded onto the delivery vehicle. We reserve the right to cancel your full order or part of your order if there has been a pricing error or if the goods are not available. In the event of these circumstances we will notify you and give you a refund for affected.
3. Website Information We try to specify accurate product information & product images on our website, images are illustrative and they may not be the exact item you are ordering. We cannot be liable for orders placed based on the image or illustration that is on the product page, using the MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) please consult the manufacturer website for accurate images & information. Dimensions & other attributes are approximate and are provided by the manufacturer so we cannot guarantee their accuracy, they also subject to change due to changes in product specification. Images are also provided from the relevant manufacturer websites or image databases so we cannot guarantee the colours shown on your monitor will be 100% accurate to the delivered product. Website reviews are also opinions of our customers and shouldn't be taken as a product description.
When ordering with BHL most means of communication will be via e-mail or via telephone, by ordering with us you accept us to send information electronically regarding your order. When placing your order your details will be used to deliver your order to the specified address, send you information about your order and ask you for a review about the service received.
4. Pricing The prices shown on our website are either shown including VAT or showing both excluding & including VAT. A delivery charge may apply to your order and this will be shown on the checkout stage of your order. There are circumstances where a further delivery charge may apply for example to remote areas of Scotland, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands & Northern Ireland. If this is the case we will contact you notifying you of this charge, you reserve the right to cancel and to request a refund.
5. Payment You can pay via Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Mastercard Credit, American Express or PayPal via our website. You can also pay via Visa Debit, Visa Credit or Mastercard Credit via telephone or alternatively you can pay us via Bank Transfer or Cheque although the order won't be processed until we have received the funds into our account. You can organise collection from our Hoyland offices and also pay via Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Mastercard Credit, American Express on our Chip & Pin terminal or a cash payment. Online & telephone payments are processed through our preferred payment processor Sagepay.
6. Delivery Your order may be delivered in a variety of ways depending on the manufacturer / size of your order and your location. Your order may also be delivered by multiple couriers if they have to come from different suppliers / locations. We ship items in a variety of ways, it may be dispatched from our depot in Hoyland but we also work with third party suppliers & manufacturers to deliver on our behalf for some orders. We use couriers such as APC / Interlink Express & Royal Mail but our suppliers use a variety of couriers or their own transport.
After receiving your order acknowledgement you should receive a estimated delivery date via email or via a phone call. If you do not receive a estimated delivery date then your order will be delivered within a reasonable time frame, if there is a lead time over 30 days on your order we will contact you notifying you of the expected lead time. In stock products are generally delivered from 1-5 days from ordering however some products that have to be ordered from manufacturer such as radiators may take 1-3 weeks, some custom made products such as coloured radiators and made to order items can take up to 6-8 weeks.
We endeavour to deliver on the stated delivery date however we can never guarantee this date as they may be factors such as broken down vehicles, no-one being available at the address, adverse weather conditions, products on the order being damaged prior to delivery etc.
We do not recommend that you book a plumber / electrician or any other installer until your order is complete and has been checked.
All deliveries will be made to the 'kerb-side', ground floor of the delivery address only, you will need to provide adequate manual labour to unload your products on site. If your delivery address is inaccessible by lorry please contact us at time of order. Your order will need a signature for delivery so please ensure that someone will be available on day of delivery.
Please inspect all items on your order before signing, please inform us of any faulty / damaged items you receive. Failure to take delivery of your order due to no one being in or insufficient delivery instructions may be liable to a re-delivery charge.
We shall not be liable for any loss financial or otherwise resulting from a delay in delivering your order. If there is any change to your delivery arrangements please us know ideally within 3 days of the delivery date so we can make alternative arrangements.
Delivery to a address other than the card holder address is at our discretion.
7. Returning / Cancelling An Order In accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations which have come into force as of 13/06/2014, you can cancel your contract with us within 14 days from receiving your full order.
If you would like to cancel or return all or part of your order please get in contact with us and we will provide instructions of how and where to send the products back. From letting us know about the return / cancellation you have up to 14 days to get the items back to us. If sending goods back us via a courier or post office please send proof of postage or tracking details as we cannot be liable for lost items.
We will refund the basic cost of delivery if you cancel or return your order, if you contacted us for an expedited shipping option we cannot refund the extra charges that were occurred on top of the usual delivery charge.
If you would like to return a product you would have to do so at your expense unless the item is faulty where we would arrange either payment of the return postage of sending the product back to the delivery depot or arrange a collection from the delivery address.
When returning an order the product(s) will need to be in a resalable condition and be complete with any parts, instructions or accessories. If there was any promotion items or gifts included with the order please ensure these are also returned. If the goods you have sent back have been handled more than necessary (damaged / torn packaging / broken seals) you may receive a deduction from the amount refunded as the goods may have to be repackaged or a refusal of refund may apply.
Any custom made product such as a radiator in a custom colour may be non-returnable or subject to a restocking charge, please contact us if this is the case. If you have altered the product to suit your specification you would lose the right to cancel / return your order.
You must return the products back to the return address we state, failure to do this may result in a reduction of the value of your refund.
8. Quality All products sold on BHL are supplied brand new and should be fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. The products sold on our site will include a manufacturer warranty (some exclusions apply such as perishable items and consumables), in the event of a product becoming faulty please contact the manufacturer directly and they will be able to assist you. The warranty would only be offered by the manufacturer and not by ourselves. Some products will need to be installed by a qualified engineer (such as a gas boiler or heater) for the warranty to be valid. You will also need to ensure that the product is serviced where applicable for the warranty to remain valid.
If you find any product to be damaged or defective on delivery please contact us within 14 days of receiving all of your order so we can arrange a replacement or refund on the affected products. If the product has been damaged whilst in your care we will not be obliged to accept the return.
We cannot be liable if the damage or defect has occurred to the product because of the following;
The product has had further use after reporting the fault / defect The product wasn't installed / assembled or maintained correctly or wasn't stored in the correct conditions You have attempted to alter or repair the product 9. Refunds All refunds will be made within 14 days of us or our supplier receiving back the goods or the order being cancelled. After notifying us of your wish to return product(s) from your order please contact to confirm you have done so. If the item has been returned in resalable condition we will refund the full cost of the products returned. If the product isn't received in resalable condition (unless defective or faulty) we reserve the right to refuse refund of the product(s).
If you wish to return an item outside after 14 days of receiving your full order please contact us. This may not always be possible and a restocking charge may apply.
We will usually refund you on your original payment method if we cannot do this we will contact you for an alternative method of refund.
10. Our Liability The following provisions set out our entire financial liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions of our employees, agents and sub-contractors) to you in respect of:
any breach of these conditions; any use made or resale by you of any of the Products, or of any product incorporating any of the Products; and any representation, statement or tortuous act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with the Contract. Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits our liability:
for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability; or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to the above conditions
Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Contract shall be limited to £5,000,000 in relation to public and product liability and £1,000,000 in relation to liability for the acts or omissions of our employees, agents and sub-contractors; and We shall not be liable to you for loss of profit, loss of business or depletion of goodwill in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential or any claims for consequential compensation whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the Contract. 11. Import Duty Any products that you order for delivery outside of the UK may be subject to import duties and tax, you will be responsible for payment of these duties and taxes. We do not have any control of the costs of such duties and taxes.
You must comply with any laws and regulations of the destination country where the products are to be used. We are not liable for any breach of the laws.
12. Events Outside Our Control We would not be liable or responsible for any failure or delay of any of our obligations as a result of an event that outside our control. These events are listed below;
Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action. Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war. Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster. Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport. Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks. The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government. Should there be such event occur we will do our utmost to resolve the problem and perform our obligations as soon as possible.